It serves little or no purpose to list all the "New Age" sites
here. However, there are some sites that are clearly using Native American
imagery and "noble savage" stereotypes for their own profit. We will try to
list the worst of these here. We also add the occasional site that would
like to claim indigenous status in order to gain other benefits (or rip you off).
For other lists of these sites, see:
- New Age Frauds & Plastic Shamans
- Don't Pay to Pray
- Plastic Shaman Busters
- Mike Wick's Wall of Shame
- Ancient Futures, where they have all the Hot Button words,
- Elders Lodge, Wisdom Keepers Lodge, and all they want is your Americash.And:
you can win a free medicine pouch by just signing their guestbook!
- "A powerful new site full of intriguing answers to life's questions."
- Beware the Wolf Lodge!
- See the comments at Mike Two Horse's history of Robert Ghostwolf.
- Brooke Medicine Eagle, Earth wisdom teacher and catalyst for wholeness
- AKA Brookie Craig, Brooke Schiavi, Brookie Mae Miller, among 10's of other aliases.
- Nizhoni is a sacred Navajo word describing "the beauty way."
- Nizhoni offers a new form of education that allows people
from around the world to discover their inner wisdom
and bring it forth to teach, heal and lead. and:
Nizhoni has also a Summer School and a Soccer Camp!
- E. Barrie Kavasch's Healing Arts, Native American herbalism and spirituality
- Sacred Spirits from Virgin Records and Klaus Zundel
- From the album "info": Though redolent of such diverse musical influences as ambient,
world music, new age and dance music, each instrumental
arrangement on Sacred Spirits is intended to serve as a reverent
backdrop for the powerful vocals that lie at the album's core. "The
emphasis was always to find vocals that carried the deepest
feelings and emotions," says producer Klaus Zundel. "I hoped that
when they were combined with the music, it could almost be a
soundtrack for the solemn and sacred history of these people."
- Martin Gray, anthropologist and photographer, will take your money to show you around some sacred sites.
Perhaps you can even dowse with 'L' rods for lines of 'energy' with him.
- Sedona's Crossing Worlds Journeys and Retreats
- Inspiring, Insightful, Personal Experiences
of Sedona, Arizona, the Ancient Southwest & your inner vision. Earth Medicine Vision Quest Retreat in Canyon de Chelly and Hopi.
Soul Journey Retreats - The Turning of the Ages is now--we are each being called
to be more than we know we are; to become our own shaman-healer. Etc.
- David Silver Bear gives a great Medicine Wheel Massage
- Designed by the combined efforts of a Network Chiropractor, Yoga Master, and myself
- Speaking Wind Bids You Welcome to Red Path Teachings
- Peruvian Whistling Vessels
- AvatarSearch, Search Engine for the Occult Internet (featuring Native American resources.
- The Yunsai Society
- Remnant Nation of Indigenous Tribal Peoples
- "KIVA", Performed and Created by Steve Roach, Michael Stearns and Ron Sunsinger
- Jumping Mouse: A Story About Inner Trust by Mary Elizabeth Marlow
- The Pelli-People
- Kokopelli as a modern pop-cultural figure! (golfer, biker, skateboarder, skier, cowboy, scubadiver, etc.)
- Mystical Journeys, First Class tours to Peru,
- One of the Most Powerful Places On Earth, "Discovering Your Personal Insights" at Machu Picchu
- Two stories from the NewHeavenNewEarth server (where else but in Sedona):
- The Hopping Stone Vision
"Deep in the southwest deserts, an old medicine man and young
brave stand atop a great plateau. Together they silently survey
all the earth."
- The Vision of Twelve Stones
On one seemingly inaccessible cliff we see a fire burning and notice two
Native American figures--an old Medicine Man and a young brave--sitting
silently around it. Slowly, we circle them and study their faces in
the flickering darkness. Lost in some deep reverie, we realize
they are watching the same vision we are watching.