Indigenous Responses to the Dominant Society
- Indigenous declarations, statements, and manifestos
- Imagining Indians by Victor Masayesva Jr. Or to Victor's own site
- Made in response to the effects on his home village to the filming of a Hollywood movie there.
"I have come to
believe that the sacred aspects of our existence which encourages the continuity and vitality of
Native peoples are being manipulated by an aesthetic in which money is the most important
qualification. This contradicts the values intrinsic to what's sacred and may destroy our substance."
- A Presentation to the Western Conference of Museums on
- How should museums present indigenous cultures and respond to
indigenous peoples? by Hayden F. Burgess
- Teaching About Thanksgiving prepared by Cathy Ross, Mary Robertson, Chuck Larsen,
- and Roger Fernandes, Indian Education, Highline School District, WA
- Exile on Main Street, a cyberbook by Paul Chaat Smith
- The art of Hulleah Tsinhnahjinnie.
- The art of Gerald Clarke
- The End of Innocence No.2 1992 by George Longfish (Seneca/Tuscarora)
- and Inés Hernandez-Avila(Nez Perce) From NATIVE VOICES GO PUBLIC a poster project of the Market St. Art in Transit Program
- Colonialism as Seen from a Former Colonized Area, (Greenland) by Robert Petersen
- A presentation was initially given at a plenary session of the
8th Inuit Studies Conference at Laval University, October 25, 1992.
- Living in Both Worlds: Inupiaq Women and Urban Life by Nancy Fogel-Chance
Books by Native Authors
- Storytellers: Native American Authors Online
- The books of Sherman Alexie
- The books of Vine Deloria
- The books of Simon Ortiz
- The books of Gerald Vizenor
- The books of Jack Forbes
- The books of Elizabeth Cook-Lynn
- The Politics of Hallowed Ground: Wounded Knee and the Struggle for Indian Sovereignty,
- Mario Gonzalez & Elizabeth Cook-Lynn, Univ. Ill. Pr.
- On Behalf of the Wolf and the First Peoples by Joseph Marshall III, Red Crane Books.
- Columbus and Other Cannibals by Jack D. Forbes
- Natives and Academics : Researching and Writing About American Indians,
- Devon A. Mihesuah (Editor), Univ. Nebraska Pr.
- American Indians: Stereotypes & Realities, Devon A. Mihesuah, Clarity Pr.
- Dwellings, Linda Hogan, W. W. Norton and Company
- Yellow Woman and A Beauty of the Spirit, Leslie Marmon Silko, Simon & Schuster
- Off the Reservation : Reflections on Boundary-Busting, Border-Crossing Loose Canons,
- Paula Gunn Allen, Beacon Pr.
- Speaking for the Generations : Native Writers on Writing, Simon Ortiz (Editor), Univ. Arizona Pr.
- If You Poison Us: Uranium and Native Americans, Peter H. Eichstaedt, Red Crane Books.
- The Taos Indians and the Battle for Blue Lake, R. C. Gordon-McCutchan, Red Crane Books.
- Lone Wolf v. Hitchcock:
Treaty Rights and Indian Law at the End of the Nineteenth Century,
- Blue Clark, Univ. Nebraska Pr.
- Winners of the North American Indian Prose Award, University of Nebraska Press.
- The American Indian Literature and Criticism Series, University of Oklahoma Press.
- The American Indian Lives Series, University of Nebraska Press.
- Sun Tracks: An American Indian Literary Series, University of Arizona Press.
- The entire archive of recommended books on the Native American Resources website.
Purchases from this bookshop help support this website.