Statistics from the 1990 U. S. Census
- The average per capita income on the Navajo Reservation is $4106.
- 57.9% of Indian persons on the Navajo Reservation live below the poverty level.
- 24.9% of the Navajo labor force is unemployed.
- 36% of Navajos over the age of 25 have less than a 9th grade education.
- 41.3% of Navajos over the age of 25 are high school graduates.
- 3% of Navajos over the age of 25 have completed 4 or more years of college.
- 52% of Navajo occupied housing units lack complete plunbing for their exclusive use.
- 54% of Navajo occupied housing units burn wood for heating.
- 77.5% of Navajo occupied housing units have no telephone.
Back to Day 2
Back to Day 6
Return to Day 7