- On my way to Albuquerque
I see many beautiful desert scenes
Mountains, rivers, cliffs and trees
All were gleaming in their unique ways.
How grateful I felt to Mother Earth.
From When it Rains: Papago and Pima Poetry edited by Ofelia Zepeda, University of Arizona Press, Sun Tracks Vol. 7, © 1982 Henrietta Pablo.
This poem is also available in the 'O'odham language.
Books About Albuquerque
- A City at the End of the World, V. B. Price, Kirk Gittings (Photographer), Univ. New Mexico Press.
- Fighting Sprawl and City Hall: Resistance to Urban Growth in the Southwest,
- Michael F. Logan, Univ. Arizona Press. (Hardcover)
- Albuquerque: Where the World Celebrates Ballooning, Amer. World Geographic Pub.
- City-Smart Guidebook Albuquerque: Includes Santa Fe, Brendan Doherty, John Muir Pub.
- The Insider's Guide to Santa Fe, Taos, and Albuquerque,
- Bill Jamison, Harvard Common Press.
- Frommer's Santa Fe, Taos & Albuquerque, Lesley S. King, IDG Books.
- Fodor's 1998 Santa Fe, Taos, Albuqerque, Alison B. Stern (Editor), Fodor's Travel Pub.
- Access Santa Fe/Taos/Albuquerque, Access Press.
- Old Town Albuquerque, Peter Hertzog, James C. Smith (Editor) Sunstone Press.
- Mountain Biking Albuquerque,
- Nicole Blouin, Falcon Pub.
- Alburquerque, Rudolfo A. Anaya, Warner Books.
- Zia Summer, Rudolfo A. Anaya, Warner Books.
- Rio Grande Fall, Rudolfo A. Anaya, Warner Books.
- Shaman Winter, Rudolfo A. Anaya, Warner Books.
Return to the Elizabeth Abeyta Page
Back to a Day in Santa Fe
Back to Day 1
Back to Day 6
Back to Day 7
Back to Day 9
Back to Day 10
Return to Day 17