- (He was drunk and rolled his car twice
but didn't get hurt.)
- Somehow, he drove his car off the road
and wrecked his car, his sister said.
- General murmurs of sympathy.
- No one knows how it happened,
his mother added.
Then the old grandpa said in a loud voice:
- K'ad ajoodl láa, ajoolghaiísh
(He was drinking too much, of course,
that doesn't happen to one
who has eaten too much!)
- You better go with him
next time he gets paid!
They said to his wife.
From A Breeze Swept Through by Luci Tapahonso, West End Press.
© 11987 Luci Tapahonso
Return to the Luci Tapahonso website